First week in August! This marks five months for Feisonista! I can’t believe how fast the time is flying. This week marks the first Fashionable Feiser! Exciting developments to come in the next few weeks…. Keep your eyes out for it!
On to the links!
1. Anyone with a future world champ in the house? How cute is this little outfit?
2. On the topic of adorable little dancers, how cute are these dancers from the Harrington School at the St. Patrick’s Irish Festival in Syracuse, NY?
3. It’s never too early to start thinking about the Oireachtas! Feistan is offering 3 free tans at each the Mid-Atlantic and New England Oireachtas. Feistan will be at each Oireachtas! Love their tongue in cheek slogan – Go Bronze for the Gold! Book and pay your appointment before September 9th to qualify to win!
4. Check out some amazing dancing from Australia from the Champion of Champions competition at the McAleer Feis! Some really fun choreography and a great level of dancing.
5. For something completely different, but equally impressive, check out this Canadian stepdancing group! It’s a cool style – like a looser version of Irish dance. Almost the link between tap and Irish.
6. Want to get a sneak preview of Jig? Check it out streaming online this Sunday (August 7th) with Step Up stars Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan! Pretty Awesome. And by sneak preview I mean the full movie. It’s also playing on the 17th with Sue Borne, Coca Roche and Joe Bitter!
7. Noctu, a new Irish dance show that was in Dublin around the World Championships this year, premiers in the US in September! It’s an interesting new take at an Irish dance show.
8. Some adorable pictures from Irish Central of the CRC NY Week 3 showcase. So cute.
9. Want to cross-train to help with your dancing? Check out this Irish central article for some ideas.
10. Struggle with doing your poof? Here’s a video to help you do your hair for your wig and bun!
11. Maguire-O’Shea dancers getting their Michael Jackson on with Smooth Criminal! Creative choreography and really stellar dancing!
12. Anyone going to the Milwaukee Irish Festival? Here are some local dancers doing a bit of a flash mob to publicize the event during the break of an Opera concert! Love it!
13. As a Yankee fan, this kills me to post, but it’s too cute. A young Irish dancer suggests a new hobby for one of the Red Sox announcers at a game!
14. Want to get a feel for the Jig Soundtrack before buying it? Check it out here. It may not be great dancing music, but it is gorgeous. Getting chills just listening to it!
15. Here’s a video from the NAIDF nationals! I’m not sure what level it is (they have all levels at their nationals) but it’s cool to see!
That’s all from this week! If you found something else, let me know! And keep an eye out for a post today or tomorrow!
Stay Fashionable, Feisers!