Another week done! And, it’s the last full week of August already! Where did the time go? Can’t believe it. Best wishes to everyone on the east coast with the hurricane this weekend! Stay safe and dry! Make sure to have batteries for your stereo so you can practice when the lights go out… What else would you do?
1. Awesome preview clip of the show Noctu. A new take at Irish dance shows and a look into the crazy world we live in. It looks fantastic. Just what Irish dance shows have needed. Feels like we’ve gotten stuck in the world of Riverdance!
2. Quick interview with World Champion Peter Dziak at Summerfest 2011!
3. And see him and other Trinity Irish dancers at Summerfest in action here!
4. An article on Niamh O’Brien and Ronan O’Brien both from the Anthony Costello School in Ireland who both won their age groups at the 2011 NANs. Amazing dancers!
5. A great interview and show from Cashel Dennehy, also at Irish Fest! Wish I could be there! It sounds fantastic!
6. Any Harry Potter fans? Check out this brilliant Gryffindor inspired dress! So cute. Anyone know who designed it?
7. The 2011 Rose of Tralee was crowned this week. Super jealous. More interestingly, check out this video of the Dublin Rose doing what is apparently a hip hop number. I think I would be great friends with her! Respect.
8. And an article from the Irish Times with a breakdown of the Dublin Rose phenomenon.
9. A nice article about 2011 and 2010 North American Champion Ava-Marie Schroder.
10. Last week I wrote that Noctu had opened in NYC. My bad – it opens Sept. 2nd in NYC. Check out this article from Irish Central about the show. It sounds so interesting! The headlines calls it “shockingly provocative”. Dying to see it.
11. Also about Noctu, check out this radio interview from Radio Ireland promoting the show.
12. Interested in Irish dance history? Check out this video of old style hornpipes choreographed by Kieran Jordan.
13. A lot of colleges have gone back recently! Check out this video of great dancing with the Purdue University band!
14. Need some inspiration to practice? Check out this rehearsal for Ireland – the show with Owen Barrington, Sinead Fallon and Stewart McWhinnie. Incredible!
That’s it for this week! Happy Weekend! Stay dry again to my friends up north!!!
Stay Fashionable, Feisers!