Another week down! Happy weekend everyone! A ton of great stuff this week for Irish dance enthusiasts, including a new documentary and a radio interview. What more can you ask for to start the weekend? Enjoy!
1. A new Irish Dance documentary came out this week on TV3 in Ireland! It follows several dancers from around the world at the 2011 Worlds in Dublin. Check out the first part here!
2. And if that wasn’t enough, check out this radio interview with TCRG and former Riverdance lead David Moore from this past week. Great stuff!
3. The cast of Noctu arrives in NYC! Check out the fantastic pictures here.
4. Would you relocate for Irish dance? Read this article from Irish Central about a dancer who moved from Australia to Ireland for dance and personal growth.
6. An interesting article about Noctu featuring Beandan de Gallai, the choreographer for the show. He has such a unique take on Irish dancing – I love it!
7. A beautiful article honoring Ann Richens who passed away last week. Truly an inspiration that will be missed.
8. In honor of the 10th anniversary of the attacks on Sept. 11th, 2001, this group of dancers put together a treble reel routine and performed it at the Atlantic City Feis. Great work. I’ll definitely be remembering that day this weekend. Being from the NYC area, it’s a day I could never forget.
9. Not really super related to Irish dance, but I couldn’t resist when I saw this. Apparently a sorority in florida booked a hotel under the pretense of a “visiting Irish dance group” and partied hard – much to the hotel’s displeasure. I guess we must have a calm image! Clearly these girls have never been to a hotel during an Oireachtas….
10. Feising this weekend? Here are some songs from Irish Central to get you pumped up to do your best! Good luck!
11. Love this promo video for Irish Dance Studio Dundee promoting dancers of all ages and levels. I also love their use of technology with video of steps online for at-home practice.
12. A really fun interview with Therese Corless, the current World Champ (as they mention several times during the interview haha). She participated in Limerick’s Celebrity Jigs and Reels that was a fundraiser for a new cancer unit at the local hospital. I also adore her outfit and hair! Classy casual!
13. Too funny. A group of dancers from the O’Neill School of Irish Dance in New Zealand teach two TV show hosts how to Irish dance. Or try to anyways… Love the girls’ response to “do you try and pretend like you’re Irish?” Also, “trebles” with their accent is amazing.
14. Check out this music video from Angelica Salem – an Irish dancer from PKA who’s quickly rising through the pop ranks! Fun song!
15. Need a new wig? Celtic Curls is having a contest to win one! Check it out and enter!
16. It’s never too early to start thinking about Halloween! Want to go as something Irish dance related? Check out these ideas from dance.net.