Welcome to the first weekend of Fall! Fall is by far my favorite season. Falling trees, sweater weather, Thanksgiving, and of course – the Oireachtas. What more could you ask for?
2. Another great video, the Lynn Academy showcases their show dancing. Really creative choreography and costuming. How amazing are those light-up costumes?
3. What a great week for Irish dancing videos. Up and Over It (of hand dancing fame!) have a new video. And it’s awesome.
4. I’ve seen a lot of stick-hard shoe combo dances recently, but this one from Teelin is really good! I did a stick choreography last year and it makes for a great show piece. Watch you don’t break the sticks though…. Not that I ever did that…
5. We can get so caught up in competition that we forget how incredibly excited we were in our first class! Check out this video to give yourself some refreshing!
6. Looks like I missed another college! Dancers at the University of Kent dancing to Capone. Love it! Can’t get enough of that song.
7. It’s official! London will host the CLRG Worlds in 2014! Is it too early to book my flight?
8. The Celtic Classic is a big Irish festival in Bethlehem, PA and it kicks off tonight! Jealous! Wish I could be there. A lot of dancing groups and fantastic music all weekend long. If anyone goes, report back.
9. On the other side of the world, the Seoul Irish Dance and Music Festival is also this weekend! I love seeing how far Irish culture and dancing has spread. That picture in the article is the perfect representation of modern Irish dance – something everyone can do.
10. Irish Central showcases some of the fabulous hairstyles of guy Irish dancers! Lookin’ good!
11. Another Irish Central, great health advice for Irish dancers of all levels.
13. Shamrock Stitchery added a few new photos to their boys’ waistcoats album! Looks like they’re going for a very bold, geometric designs for the boys.
14. I hadn’t heard about this before, but these are the requirements for U8 solo dresses at the Mid-America Oireachtas. Pretty strict! I think this is the first ruling that actually goes into design. What do you guys think? Celtic Solo just launched a line to specifically tailored to meet those needs for only $490. Great solutions, I think!
15. Another college Irish dancer! Hannah Thompson teaches classes at Utah State University.
16. Good news for anyone going to the All-Irelands next year! City West is going to custom tailor some of the infrastructure, so it should be awesome. Also, they’re sponsoring the upgrades so they shouldn’t need a facility fee. The chairpersons are still urging people to stay at City West though to cover costs.
17. There are a ton of great dresses for sale on dance again and dance.net right now with the Oireachtas turn over coming up. Be sure to check them out. You can get a very up to date dress for a very reasonable price.
18. Ever wonder why you do the things you do? Shelly Hathaway takes a look at the Top Ten Reasons Why Irish Dancers Are So Weird. While you’re at it, check out some of Shelly’s great Irish dance photography like this one, this one, and this one.
19. Add this to the list of things I never thought I would see. Michael Flatley topped the UK Music Video Chart this week ahead of Justin Bieber!
20. Help out the Pender Keady School by voting for them here in FedEx’s Small Business of the Week!
21. So they did Riverdance on Ice, but it was just Irish dancers on stage behind ice skaters. Here, a team of ice skaters actually do a Riverdance inspired routine on ice! I can do that…. Nope.
22. This is epic. Irish dance moonwalk in a reel. I don’t know if it was a trophy dance or if she just went for it, but it def made her stand out!
That’s all I have for this week! Let me know if you found anything else. Have a great weekend, everyone! Good luck at any competitions you go to – keep an eye out for any trends!
Stay Fashionable, Feisers!