Happy 11/11/11 everyone! I’m sure there will be a lot of Oireachtas wishes today! Good luck if you’re dancing this weekend! Also, in other exciting news, I might not be dancing this weekend, but this is my 100th post! Can’t believe it. Thanks for reading – I really appreciate it! Always looking to improve, so let me know if you have any suggestions!
1. Feis Culkin was last weekend. Check out some of the photos from the feis here! Great pictures showing the general atmosphere.
2. Congrats to everyone that danced at the WCRO last weekend! Here are the top 5 results in each age group from Irish Central. Check out some photos here. And of course, the parade of champions – great dancing!
3. Are you ready for the Oireachtas?! Here are some great tips from Shelly Hathaway to impress judges! Perfect timing!
4. Applications are available for the 2012 IDTANA Scholarship! Get your applications in before Dec. 15th – it’s a great opportunity for college dancers.
5. Best of luck to dancers dancing at the ECRO, Leinsters and Connachts this weekend! O-Rock it! Here’s an Irish Central post with the previous ECRO winners for some inspiration. The trophies are gorgeous!
6. The CAID Nationals are also this weekend in Poole. Check out an article about the competition here! Good luck if you’re going!
7. Two cool Irish dance related shows in NYC this weekend – Dance Theater of Ireland & Soul Steps which combines “African-American step dancing with Irish and modern dance, urban rhythms and storytelling” (running through Nov. 20th) and Pat Cannon’s Foot & Fiddle Dance Company which features a range of stepping styles, including Irish on Friday at 8.
9. Live in New Orleans? A new group Irish Network – New Orleans (IN-NOLA) just started up to bring the Irish community together. Sounds great!
10. If you’re in Chicago, iBAM! (Irish Books, Art and Music) is going on this weekend. Looks like a great festival celebrating all elements of Irish culture. Relax a bit before the Oireachtas!
11. I posted some videos from ModERIN earlier this year. Love their style. Here’s an article about the group that melds Irish and modern dance together. They open tonight at the Irish Center in NYC.
12. You know you’re an Irish Dancer when? Check out this tumblr for some great answers! Some well needed comic relief this time of year!
13. The show Essence of Ireland returns to Lincoln’s Theater Royal next week in the UK! Looks like a fun show.
14. A great post for this time of year – how to be friends with your competitors. Sportsmanship is the name of the game!
15. Riverdance will be on the Price is Right next week! How much for this Gavin dress? “$1, Bob” is always the right answer, btw.
16. Attempting to get that perfect wig look for this weekend? Sara from Rince go Bragh (check out her as a Fashionable Feiser!) shows how she gets her great wig look! Love it – Looking fab, as always.
17. Check out this intense number from the all-girl dance troupe Raven, led by former Lord of the Dance dancer Roisin Mullins. Can’t imagine dancing in leather pants is easy!
18. Add it to the list of college Irish dance teams – here’s a number with Duke Irish Dance. Another great Indian – Irish fusion! It’s time for Diwali celebrations on campuses across the country!
19. Feis Feet started taking orders today for their new slippers! They look so cute and so cozy!
20. Inishfree shoes are having a contest to give away 5 pairs of their Aoife soft shoes to your dance school. Check it out here!
21. Have an Elevation dress? Submit your professional photos (like at a feis, etc) to them and you could be their new covergirl or boy! Also, order now for a Christmas delivery of your new dream dress.
That’s all for this week! Good luck this weekend! Keeping reaching to a star! Let me know if you found anything else great this week!
Stay Fashionable, Feisers!