It’s 12/11/11 – Close enough to make a wish, I think! It’s getting close to the holidays… What’s on your wishlists this year? Any Irish dance inspired things? As a little present from me to you for being such fantastic readers over the past year, get excited for the very first Feisonista giveaway coming this week! I can’t wait!
1. The final designs in the NANs Logo contest are up on IDM’s website! I have to say that all the designs are awesome – very professional, but creative. What more could you ask for? Make sure to vote today – otherwise no complaining at Nationals!
2. Want to start a performance career? Busch Gardens is now accepting audition tapes for their show Celtic Fyre. They ask that you be an Open Champion, preferably a World Qualifier. Some great dancers have danced with the show in the past, including Ashley Smith!
3. A great article about the Gothard Sisters! They just released their 6th album, so be sure to check it out. In addition to being great musicians, all three sisters have qualified for Worlds in their dancing careers.
4. If you’re in Wisconsin, check out Danu’s A Christmas in Ireland featuring Trinity dancers. Looks like it will be a good show!
5. On the other side of the World for Christmas this year? A group from Chatham in the UK will be dancing as part of a Christmas show in Beijing this year. Such a cool opportunity.
6. One more Christmas show – The Irish Tenors will be performing in New Brunswick, New Jersey on the 21st. Definitely worth a go if you’re in the area.
7. I love articles that show off dancers after major competitions. It’s always great to see the stories behind the results. Here are a few: on the Murphy Irish Arts Center (who won the dance drama at the Mid-America O), Trinity (who qualified a crazy amount of 32 dancers for Worlds), Dennehy and Lavin Cassidy dancers (in a cute school newspaper article), the Paliani family from BFOC (who all qualified for worlds in top 5 spots at their O)
8. Exciting news about everyone’s favorite Irish Glee Character! Damian’s contract has been extended on the show – can’t wait to see where it goes!
9. A bit early, but if you live in Upstate New York, Riverdance will be coming to Glens Falls for the final time in May. Tickets go on sale this weekend – would make a great present!
10. Coco Rocha, the Irish dancer turned model, was featured in a post about the top 10 coolest model hobbies! I definitely agree!
11. Lord of the Dance will also return to the US in 2012 featuring a new set and updated costumes. I’d imagine the updates are what we saw in the 3D movie last spring.
12. How cute is this Irish Dancing birthday cake? Love it! Anyone else ever done anything like this?
13. How’s this for talent? Playing the Piper on the fiddle and dancing it at the same time… Casual.
14. Are you an older dancing trying to reach for your competitive dreams? Keep at it! Here’s some advice to help!
15. A really interesting post to consider from Shelly Hathaway! Do Irish dance solo dresses and wigs take away from a great performance? What do you think?
16. Pretty cool offer from Feis America – you can now subscribe to the online version of the magazine. Another great christmas present idea!
17. A great video showing that older people can dance too! Love the variety of dancers and outfits here.
18. Don’t know what show this is, but I love the dancing and costumes. Very professional.
19. I’m going to be honest, I have no idea what’s going on here, but I love it. This is what I call some jamming to Riverdance. I fully intend this to happen at my wedding – My engaged Irish dancing girls, take note.
20. Another wedding Irish dance – love the Bride’s dress! Again, I’m looking at you, engaged girls!
21. A great promo for Notre Dame/Saint Mary’s show “Dance like a Champion” in January. Love it – work it, college dancers!
22. To close out this week’s High Clicks – a fun energetic dance and music performance!
That’s all I have for this week – stay tuned for exciting updates this week with the giveaway!
Stay Fashionable, Feisers!