The first high clicks of the new year! A lot has gone on since 2011, but I’m going to try and catch the highlights. Thanks for bearing with me during my work travels and the holidays. Feisonista is back in gear! Roll on, 2012!
On a side note, I’ve launched a tumblr and a pinterest page. Follow if you’re interested. I’m going to post more random pictures and things on those that I don’t want to do a whole article on. Definitely will have a lot of dresses I love on tumblr! Pinterest will be more of a combo of my Irish dance loves and my real-life loves.
1. There were three Irish dancers in the recent 2012 Miss America pageant, including first runner up Betty Thompson! Check out On My Toes‘ recap of the routines and outfits. Congrats to all the girls – you represented us with class!
2. Prodijig officially made their debut on Got to Dance, to rave reviews from the judges. Check out the full audition here if you haven’t seen it yet. Stay tuned this weekend to see if they made it to the live show!
3. Jig premiered on TLC and RTE in the past few weeks! I’m sure everyone saw it, but I couldn’t leave that out! Any reactions from friends?
4. Want to win over £500 of Irish dance gear? Like Antonio Pacelli’s facebook page and help them get to 2,500 likes and stay tuned for the competition!
5. With the All-Irelands coming up and feis season picking up, this article from Shelly Hathaway is very helpful. Do other dancers intimate you at competitions – love the pictures in it as well?
6. It may be January, but St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. This week has announced the return of Chicago’s south side parade and the cancellation of Hoboken’s parade. Does this effect anyone’s plans? Anyone getting ready yet?
7. The Irish American Heritage Museum in East Durham, NY (a mecca of Irish culture and the home of Camp Rince Ceol) celebrated its grand opening of being open year-round! Looks fantastic.
8. A great article with equally good pictures about Ellie King who recently won her Oireachtas. Best of luck at Worlds!
9. Another great Shelly article about dancing your own choreography at a feis. Has anyone done their own choreography? It’s one of my favorite things to do – a fulfilling challenge.
10. Another high profile Irish dance event! Daniel Radcliffe “Irish danced” on SNL this week in a pretty hilarious skit. Though, there are tons of super talented people who do Irish dance for their living! Check out the skit here on Hulu.
11. A nice article from Irish Central about the Cosa Meara – an Irish dance network for collegiate Irish dancers. Love my college dancers!
12. Struggling with your wig? Here’s a youtube video showing you how to wig like a pro!
13. A sick video from the Roberts Academy of Irish dance – Remarkable dancing on the very cool Remarkable Rocks in Australia. Anyone danced anywhere cool like this?
14. Great acapella work by the Notre Dame/St. Mary’s Irish dance team! Work it! #stamina
15. Gavin showed some insight into their fabulous world of design this week. Check out their facebook page for some fun pictures.
16. Sean Connelly, the Irish dance mind coach, is launching his first book next week. You can pre-order now if you’re interested!
And those are the main things from these past few weeks! Let me know if you spotted anything else. Have a great weekend – good luck if you’re dancing!
Stay Fashionable, Feisers!