Can you believe it’s almost February? Today marks two weeks until the CLRG All-Irelands start up! Get those last minute practices in and stay tuned for all kinds of posts about my personal favorite Irish dance competition. Also, I’m looking for dancers to report on trends and exciting events from the AIs. Interested? Let me know!
1. Speaking of the All-Irelands, the time table went up this week. Check it out to find out just how early you’ll be waking up for that solo…
2. Elevation just posted several pre-owned dresses on the Kennedy School website this week, including some that have been featured in their promotional ads and are still very much in fashion. Check it out if you’re in the market.
3. On a related note, Simona and Suzanne of Jig fame posted their dresses for sale on dance.net this week. Looks like we’ll be seeing some new dresses shortly! There are tons of great dresses for sale on dance.net right now if you’re in the market.
4. More dress related news, Gavin gave us an inside look into the world of Eire Designs this week with a post answering questions we have been “too shy to ask before.” Some great insight!
5. The semifinals for Got to Dance are this weekend! Best of luck to our Irish dancing groups Brosena and Prodijig! Remember to vote for them if you’re in the viewing area! Check out my post inspired by their styles in the meantime!
6. More Got to Dance news, here’s a great article on Prodijig (showing off their updated outfits also!) from the The Sun about how they’re showing how to rock n’reel. Love it!
7. All-Irelands might be around the corner, but it’s not too early to be thinking about Worlds. It will be here before you know it! Here’s an article showcasing dancers from the Corrigan School of Irish dance from London training hard for the Worlds. They have a fundraiser on Sunday showing Jig to help them get to Worlds!
8. Derry won a bid to cost the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann next year for the first time in Northern Ireland. It’s a more traditional celebration focusing largely on music, but there are dancing aspects as well. Sure to be a great time.
9. The Temple Bar TradFest was this past week, concluding today. Some of the performances were online – did anyone catch them? It’s a really phenomenal event in Dublin’s Temple Bar area with live music, dancing, sessions and just a great time overall. Would love to go one year.
10. The Kelly Hendry school updated their website this week and included some great tidbits to help their and any dancers including putting a wig on and first feis advice. Love it!
11. A great tumblr blog with Irish dance pictures. Really captures the emotion and fun behind Irish dance.
12. A really nice article about Mary Mac’s legacy. The owner of the McInerney School passed away to breast cancer but her daughter continues to dance and carry her legacy on.
13. On My Toes featured some great items in Fun Friday Finds, including the t-shirt I featured before the Oireachtas – it’s back at Forever 21! Love it all.
14. Rince Go Bragh launched her first Irish dance how to this week with an aerobic warm up. So important for every Irish dancer. Looking forward to the rest of the series!
15. Also, Shut the Feis Up does a beautiful tribute to Rince go Bragh’s selling of her beloved solo dress. We’ve all been there!
16. How cute is this? Angelina Ballerina takes Irish dance classes! Adorable.
17. An amazing novice slip jig and a great example of Irish dance schools using social media to connect with parents. Also, how pretty is that studio?
18. The finale of Providence College Irish Dance’s Fall show. Looking good! Love the Party Rock adaptation as well! Check out all their videos.
19. I mentioned the Irish Heritage Museum last week. Here’s the Farrell School performing at that opening!
20. A dancer posted her slip during a performance – we’ve all been there! Have to laugh at yourself! I think the seriousness of the bagpipes just adds to it!
21. A great performance from the Kilkenny School of Irish dance in Amsterdam! Very professional.
22. Finally, former Riverdance lead Paula Goudling had a series of personal style posts today that you can use in Irish dance as well! My personal favorite is about how redheads can wear red. And agreed on the Uggs!
That’s it for this week! Find anything else recently? Let me know! Good luck if you’re feising this weekend!
Stay Fashionable, Feisers!